Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My First Baseball Game was a lot O' Orange

Giants vs. the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And you know what? I rooted for SF instead of LA...what can I say? I guess it's captured my heart. Actually, I think to truly call yourself a San Franciscan, one must support the Giants since they won the World Series last season. :) As you can see, we were pretty dang excited! We all had so many layers on...it was freezing!






Corinna and I were very eager to get in the gates.

AT&T Park: Home of the San Francisco Giants.

Meghan, Nick, Corinna and Barrett all ready for the game to begin.

Their field has an amazing view! And, if you look closely at the screen, you'll see Brian Wilson! The Giant's pitcher, whom we (mainly Barrett) are mildly obsessed with.


Barrett, Me, Becky and Amy...and a GIANT (haha get it?) baseball glove.

The stadium also offers an excellent view of the Bay Bridge, so obviously we all had to get a picture in front of it (even if you can't see it...it's that small string of lights in the background).
Well, it was a great night, filled with many cheers, screams and laughs. The Giants won, walking out of the stadium was like nothing I've ever experienced, and the long walk to Market St. to catch a less busy bus was much needed. But seriously, getting out of there was ridiculous. You know how most crowds are angry and pushy? Well, not this one. Everyone was so excited the Giants won, so all the fans were singing and smoking pot to celebrate while in the multi-level ramp that took about 10 mins to get down. Only in SF...


I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed my first baseball game and have since become a Giants fan. Go Giants!

2 comments:

Grace said...

haha i like the giant glove.

and i still can't believe i've been to more baseball games than you.. haha

amy said...

thats awesome! definitely sounds like a san franciscan response to a win!