Friday, April 8, 2011

Little Moments, Big Smiles

This post is a dedication to one of my favorite people I've had the privilege of meeting. Howard, one of our clients, who is famous for his many exotic hats and guitar playing, walked into our office yesterday to find me addressing letters. He began talking to me about the new song he'd just learned to play and then stopped, picking up the picture of Rosie the Riveter that was laying on my desk. He goes "Dnelle," (that's kind of what it sounds like when he says my name)"who is this?"
"That's the iconic image of Rosie the Riveter" I replied.
"Oh yeah, I know Rosie", he said, "But where did I meet her, Dnelle?"
"I don't know, Howard. I've never had the privilege of meeting her."
Upon seeing me addressing envelopes, he says "So, you are sending letters?"
"Yes."
"Can you do me a favor? Send one to Rosie for me. Say 'Dear Rosie, This is from Howard and I miss you. I want to talk to you soon. From Howard.' Make sure she knows it's from me."
I couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face as I assured him I'd get right on that.
He then strolled back out of the office saying "Thank you! Make sure you say 'From Howard'."
:)